Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Primary Product: Final Project


The primary product that I have to offer is handmade jewelry. At Desert Diva we take time and effort into making pieces intricate pieces that make a statement for any outfit. I believe that my jewelry is unique and is a great piece to “break the ice”. Many people view branding as simply creating an identity for a company composed of a logo, a name and an identifiable style. Yet branding is much more than this. It encompasses both the visual and tangible elements of the brand, as well as the emotional and intangible pieces that create a connection between the brand and the consumer. This makes branding an exciting area to work in for the graphic designer, whose role is to translate and communicate ideas into reality.” (Davis, 12) I’ve been making my own jewelry from a while now, but it caught the attention of others so much that I started making jewelry for others. We specialize in any type of chain jewelry such as head chains, body chains, thigh chains, hand chains and wire rings. Brands today represent more than a product, service or brand identity (the name and logo, design and voice of the brand). A brand is synonymous with the business and the style behind the product or service; it encompasses the people working for the company and a philosophy and spirit that sustains it.” (Davis, 27) I always put passion into whatever I do and I believe if reflects in the craftsman ship of my work. I always thought to myself “why pay such and such for a simple piece of jewelry when I can make it myself”. I don’t know why it didn’t pop into my head sooner, but I knew it was a great idea that could grow and prosper.  

No comments:

Post a Comment